Marilyn in the news

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Visit the New Facebook Page

As some of you are aware, the company that purchased the rights to Marilyn Monroe is beginning to flex its muscle on Facebook and Twitter.  Authentic Brands Group (ABG) has begun to remove any pages and ban users who are using the name Marilyn Monroe.  It does not matter if the page is not commerical and simply fans sharing their love and passion for Marilyn.  They have an official Marilyn Monroe page on facebook and twitter and they are attempting to funnel all fans to use ONLY these pages.

Due to this activity I have decided to change the title of my facebook page to Marilyn and the Camera and I will be removing my old page. I want to thank everyone who has taken the time to like my page in the past and I hope you will do the same now.

You can visit it at this link http://www.facebook.com/pages/Marilyn-and-the-Camera/137506706352356

Thanks ever so!

P.S.  I have had some inquires as to whether I plan to change the domain name for my website.  I have no plans to do this but it remains to be seen whether ABG will leave me alone.  I imagine when they are done getting their way on facebook and twitter they will start to target Marilyn website but that remains to be seen at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment