Marilyn in the news

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Opening Night

I had a fantastic night at the opening of my Marilyn exhibit on September 12.  We had a great turn out for the movie "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes".   I love sitting in the back row and watching people's reactions to the film.  It is such a joy to hear people laughing along with Marilyn's comedic genius.

It really was a thrill to meet other Marilyn fans and everyone seemed really appreciative to me for sharing my collection.  To my surprise I got the most questions about my Kim Goodwin doll.  People were really impressed with how he captured Marilyn's likeness.

I figured this was my opportunity to dress the part and look like I could have been back in the 50's.  It was so much fun.  A special thanks to Susan Rice, who did my fantastic pinup hair.




No comments:

Post a Comment